Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When Maggie came to stay...

I know you are all wondering "huh"...not OUR Maggie...but Mrs. Shipley's (Maggie's teacher) dog...
So let me start by telling you what I knew about Maggie(the dog) before 2:45pm yesterday...well, I knew only that Mrs. S's dog was named Maggie...that's it, period...Maggie(the girl) has mentioned it multiple times in conversation over the last couple weeks.
So imagine my surprise as she comes running upstairs yelling yesterday "MOM, I got to bring Maggie home for the night!" As she turns the corner into my office, all i see is a little red and black pet carrier...panic starts to set in as I calculate the time before the cats freak and Zilla starts barking...THEN as she walks closer I notice that Maggie(the dog) is one of those "real" pets...the best kind! (Kristy, maybe you can talk the boys into settling for one of those...it was the best mannered pet I've ever owned tonight)
So Maggie(the dog) stayed in her kennel and watched while Maggie(the girl) did her homework and struggled with the spelling word "and" tonight even though she's known how to spell it and has been able to read it for months...After that it was a flurry of excitement as Maggie(the girl) got to brush and take care of Maggie(the dog)
She was sweet enough to even let Fionn pet him(after I washed his hands of course, per the rules) and spent all night snuggling with Maggie(the dog) So here are some "exciting" pictures of our night with Maggie(the dog)



2 wonderful people say::

Hilary said...

awww that is too cute! :)

Nicole said...

Is that a bracelet on the dog's foot?! I couldn't quite make out what it was... too funny!